SmartComplyApp Privacy Notice
Last updated: 25 October, 2023
This Privacy Notice ('Notice') governs your use of our website: https://smartcomplyapp.com/('the website') and our webapp: https://app.smartcomplyapp.com/ ('the webapp') and your rights regarding our collection, use, storage and protection of your data. Your privacy is important to us. In collecting some information, we are acting as a data controller and processor and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Privacy notice overview
Who we are
Personal Information Collected
a. Legitimate interest: Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate. interests of a third party, provided your rights and interests do not outweigh those interests.
b. Consent: You have given explicit consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose.
c. Legal obligation: If the processing of your data is necessary where there is a statutory obligation on us.
Purpose of processing your data and the lawful bases
We collect your data to:
Purpose of Processing
- For the administration of our business
- To help us to develop, improve, customize or restructure our services
- To enforce our terms of service and any terms and conditions of any other agreements for our services
- To send marketing or promotional messages to you
- To take statistical data for use internally
- To send you service-related messages
- To secure your data and prevent fraud
Legitimate interest, legal obligation
- To inform you whenever there are changes to our terms of business or services
- To install non-strictly necessary cookies on your device
Protection of Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information
To protect your privacy is our priority, we limit the sharing of your Personal Information outside of SmartComplyApp. We will not share Personal Information about you except under the circumstances listed below.
SmartComplyApp may disclose personal information to its service providers and third-party vendors who work on our behalf. The service providers we use are obligated by contract to keep your personal information private and secure and only use it for its intended purposes in compliance with this Notice. It's important to note that the data protection laws of the service provider's country may not be as stringent as those in your country.
By agreeing to this Notice, you acknowledge and authorize these third-party service providers to use your personal information. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure your information is treated with the utmost security and in compliance with the Privacy Notice, and we will not transfer your personal information without appropriate measures being taken. Your information is shared or disclosed with your permission or based on your direction, for instance, if you allow a third-party website client or app to access your account.
SmartComplyApp also reserves the right to disclose your personal information where required by law to regulatory, law enforcement, or other government authorities, including during routine regulatory inspections.
We will like to ensure that our users and merchants are aware of their rights.
as data subjects,you have the following data protection rights:
- By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfil a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
To exercise these rights or lodge a complaint, please contact SmartComplyApp's Data Protection Officer.
The contact details of our Data Protection Officer are:
Name: Opeyemi Ajakaye-Maku
Post Address: 47, Karimu Ikotun close, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.
Phone Number: +234 708 650 1941
Data retention period
International transfer of data
To achieve the purposes described in this Notice, we may transfer your data to countries that may not offer an adequate protection level or are not considered to have sufficient law by the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and Nigeria Data Protection Act (NDPA).
Where personal data is to be transferred to a country outside Nigeria, we shall put adequate measures to ensure data security.
Our data transfers to countries that do not offer an adequate protection level are subject to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) conditions. We will therefore only transfer Personal Data out of Nigeria on one of the following conditions:
- Your consent has been obtained;
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and you or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request;
- The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between us and the third party in your interest;
- The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest;
- The transfer is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- The transfer is essential to protect your vital interests or other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
Please get in touch with us to obtain relevant information regarding your data transfers to third countries (including the appropriate transfer mechanisms).
If you are concerned about an alleged breach of data protection law or any other regulation by us, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO will investigate your complaint and provide information about how your complaint is handled.
Please be informed that you may complain to the relevant data protection authority where your complaints are not satisfactorily addressed.
Changes to Privacy Notice
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You may further contact us via
Phone: +234 813 326 2024
Address: 47, Karimu Ikotun close, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria